Saturday 8 October 2011

Hi My Name Is....

My name is Sarah Hesketh and I'm currently a Game art student at the DMU.
I only really got into Art & Design 2 years ago when I did a drawing short course and a bit of life drawing. I'd always enjoyed art but not even thought of pursuing it until this point. My life has always revolved around games from a very young age and once finding the Game art course at the DMU set my sights on getting here and combining my interests.

I did a BTEC 1st in Art & Design at Derby college and then the Foundation here at the DMU. The last two years have been somewhat of a struggle as I didn't enjoy or have much interest in what those courses were about but the end result of being where I am now is what drove me through it.

I'm not a person to do things by half and when I do something I really throw myself into it, I'm hoping that is going to help me keep on top of this course and keep me constantly learning and improving at what I do.
I don't honestly know right now what I want to do in the future, or where I want to be or who I want to be.
I didn't even know I wanted to do game art until a few years ago. I'd love to be working in the game industry in the next few years but I don't know doing what yet...I admire game art but personally find 3D modelling more enjoyable..so who knows what I'll do.

My goal at the moment is doing well on the course. I aim to constantly push myself to improve and never settle with something when I know I can do better. I want to try my best at everything offered on the course and see what comes out on top and I'll go from there.

Hopefully I'll be here this time next year and I'll get to read all the new 1st years 'Hi my name is.." blogs.
We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment