Monday, 14 January 2013

A building or something...

Despite being in an awful state of mind I did manage to get my 3D done just before Xmas. *insert sarcastic whoop*.

It took a much larger amount of effort to get started than it should of, but at least I got there in the end. Once started it wasn't too difficult using 3DSMAX, but I guess it has always been my strongest subject (ish), so making the building didn't take that long. Texturing was a pain, mainly due to lack of reference images I could use for textures, given the building I was making was in New York that was to be expected. The worst part of the project, UDK. It was fairly simple to get my head round the process used to import stuff and set it up, I just honestly didn't really enjoy it that much. That and it managed to make my building look like crap.

I would now show some pictures of my project, but I have completely forgot where my project files are and how to use both Max and UDK *briskly bangs head on desk* Give me a moment.

- 20 mins later -

Right OK here they are. I would write something about why I chose the building and the choices I made while designing/making it but given I made it in November I actually can't remember.

Anyhow, here is my hideous building in 3Dsmax.

And here it is again in UDK, joined by the Blitz buildings and a rather familiar looking pile of rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment